Friday 23 January 2015

The Game (Part Five)

The music is loud but I hear my heart beat louder, shot glasses hit the table moral decay in the air as girls drop down to the floor, egos attached to dollar bills and car keys, stumbling for the drunkards red eyes for the druggies, in the club and today I'm one of them, sharks waiting and scheming as they lurk, ready to say anything for the thirst..Ima make my way to the counter, it's feeling like a jack and coke day, after which I will position myself so I can view all prey, pray for the day my game fades away, pray pray and pray  away but that day is not today.. The  club doors reminding me of the promise of heaven from the outside,a paradise inaccessible yet tales of it are passed on from generation to generation,, but this isn't heaven, no streets of gold just bracelets that jingle to the chant of lust.. As I focus on the door I see her enter, Michelle, the only word my mind can think of and my heart beat springs off its syllables as the name is echoed through my system.. She is with a man and he has his arm over her shoulder.. the sound of my heart breaking condones my choice to never call her, then almost like she is feeling my vibe we connect on the same network,eye contact.. her eyes meet mine and I have amnesia of how my legs work, overboiled pasta below my waist so I turn away and grab another girl on the waist as we grind and grind till our self control is well shredded, she turns around I kiss her, my lips keep moving but my heart isn't present, an arm descends on my shoulder, I know the scent from the times I would hold her I turn around and all I see is mascara infused tears looking like an oil spill flowing into niagra, my BP shoots up , I'm the one meant to be hurt, how she telling me I should have known her worth, how she wanted to be with me only to find out that I was just like the others, my voice rises above hers as a reflection of my attitude towards  double standards... "How are you telling me you gave me your heart when you just walked in with another lover"........ Like the end of a rainy night her tears slowed down and were wiped away, no petrichor as her sniffles slowly but surely died down        .....

"Another lover?  I walked in with my brother ".........

                        THE END.

3 comments:

  1. ...Encore, bravo, ..painted the stage like a brush on canvas, each stroke bringing a different aspect, then liked the pied piper you kept us entrenched, then set us in motion to a destination that we thought we had been and could even lead the way, adsorbed instead of just being absorbed, then stepped in the mastery of the taught art, a lesson beyond lessons, Presumption is the Mother of most Folly, never assume you know what the "Jack of all Stages" will teach through his Taught-poetry or Thought-poetry, cause it leaves you thinking...pure brilliance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been a month, I'm beat, though still hanging at the edge of my seat, Anticipating what you gonna create, relate, and throw on our plate. Is it staged, is it weighed, is it gonna get us on our feet, Are we gonna be hushed, with style, clapping as back to our seat we retreat, entreat us, intrigue us, revitalize our imaginative thought processes, quench our desire for knowledge, invite, en-thrill us, open our thoughts and minds like Beethoven, and leave us to silhourette like we engraving, Keep doing what you do

    ReplyDelete