Tuesday 6 January 2015

Love for Money (The Trade)

I'm a reggae and dancehall music fan.  Earlier I was listening to a song by Chris Martin called "Paper Loving" . In this song he sings about a girl who can't love him back right now simply because she is engulfed in the chase of the paper, not paper she has made herself but a man with paper possibly made from a tree she has never seen. I get it, we are African and we are in love with nature but it saddens me when I see an obsession with financial greenery which leaves ones values decaying faster than the sight of a bushveld fire spreading. We have condomised this raw fact by putting it under the same umbrella as "financial security". But from my understanding, attaining financial security has nothing to do with breaching your own values in order to gain something you have not worked for. However we can't now begin to say no-one should date a wealthy man, the problem is dating a man BECAUSE he is wealthy. You will create an illusion of love to justify your moral compromise and if the money goes or is given to someone else(after all the monetary system was designed for trade) the illusion will fade away and you will translate that as him not loving you when really he can't love you within the vicinity of the version of love you have created. This is followed by a mistrust of men which a devoted man will have to suffer for in the future and the cycle continues. I'm not asking you to be poor, I'm appealing to a reconstruction of your value system which is designed without a clause which provides for a man being responsible for your wealth. If a woman can give birth to man, give him life, what stops her from creating a good life for herself without depending on him?  

Next, I address the men.

No comments:

Post a Comment