Sunday 4 January 2015

On behalf of the dogs, I'm sorry (Poem)

How often  do men get away with hurting the ones who raise generations of Kings, the ones who put soulfood on our dinner plates. Our lovers, these mothers and caregivers, these life dispensers and protecters. Women. So this poem is on behalf of the dogs who have had the gall to call Queens bitches. Hopefully they can find the courage to apologise for the spirits they have destroyed in-between these lines...


Sometimes I feel like  when I care that's the recipe to losing myself, but I've reached for the sky too much not to know that I can't fly by myself, so I look out for myself but that just results in me being excluded from myself, emotions tend to stir my boat so all my relation-ships sink, but when I think about it I'm the one who was supposed to have been cautious about it, should have rested your anger as soon as I found it,just that sometimes when a heart squeals no one knows where the sound is, but when I'm alone I hear it loud and clear so I wanna clear the air before I choke on my words, I care about you and I'm sorry the disrespect, sometimes kings need to take their crowns off so they can recognise Queens and know what they expect..

2 comments: