Sunday 15 February 2015

The Game (Part Six)

My ears are still buzzing, the music was deafening but I heard her loud and clear . She was with her brother... Her brother.. Damn!  I should have spoken to her first before I gave in to my thirst.. The sight of her tears is still drowning my conscience in  deep seas of regret.. Do I walk back in? Tell her im sorry and ask her to let me back into her heart? What if my access is denied and the bar counter isn't high enough for my ego to hide but I know it's low enough for a shot glass to slide into my hand and a jaeger into my mouth, I hate the taste, it's like cough syrup but if I lose the only chance iv got at happiness, jaeger might be the only anecdote or rather temporary suppressor of pain, getting drunk till I can find my feet again.. Going home is always an option, but I only quit when I'm ahead not when I'm low and ashamed.. My head stays buzzing and I start realising that the real headache has been caused by my insecurities.. The soles below lucifer's feet, that's how low iv been.. Making women who had nothing to do with my pain pay for mistakes they never  made and breaking their hearts before their intentions were weighed according to their individual characters.. Iv designated a blanket judgement to an entire gender,,  now I'm cold and my prejudice and cruelty have given the edges of my heart frost bite throughout every winter ..

I think il call a taxi, the damage is done.. "Tate, take me to Academia"  He replies "It's 20 dollar"  he is too lazy to pluralize such a simple word, and I'm too tired to argue the price...

There is a knock on my window, it is immediately serenaded by my taxi driver sucking his teeth " Og, you young people,  where are you going? " He's says this as he lowers the window, he thinks it's a customer, but I know better..  " Sorry Tate, here is 10 dollars for your trouble, il be staying " I step out of the car and there she  is, in front of me every time I want to put us behind me..   " Hie Michelle.....

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pause and the pose, the structural poise and use of the voice, the pacing, the racing, never-ending emotional brawl, the plot as a whole, one minute you think she's been played, next minute he's been gamed, when the truth's the truth, they' just Pawns in the plot of The Game..Sacrificed at will, You's becoming like a movie director...turn this into a short movie and the right actors and...

    ReplyDelete