Friday 17 April 2015

The Game (Part Eight)

How many hearts have walked these streets alone, stood at the traffic lights too long tryna figure out whether to wait for the right time to cross or just the right car to drive by. I hear fresh leather Mercedes seats have got a way of making you forget the Bob Marleys and their single beds, but then again brothers with machines have mechanical hearts, locked up in safes whose combinations are known only by their pursuit of pleasure because the codes match the numbers on their bank statements. Across the street we have the other guy, all he has is potential, but begging for other women to see it from the other end makes him look like the actual beggar on streets asking for "just 5cents please" because their common  sense says he is broke like the next bloke "what I see is what you get."So who is crossing, who is willing to discover what's on the other side and if they feel they can will the traffic lights be green , I heard the wise man say there's a time for everything but love isn't an event it's a way of life, so some try cross  but not everyone arrives alive because life isn't for everybody everytime. But despite all of this here we are, right  in the centre controlling traffic, the girls who think I'm sexy but it's only because I'm next to a woman as beautiful as you and something about possessing what another has entices them, the guys throwing punch lines at your heart hoping you catch one and it could make you reconsider standing next to that regular nigger.Still we are here, controlling traffic.
"How long do you think we will last?" Where did that come from?  "Michelle, I don't know, but aslong as we can last I suppose". I watch her face change its structural form not like a butterfly morphing, more like a female hulk turning green. "So you're saying you don't know if we will last? ". I can tell where this is going, but I go anyway "How can we tell? We shouldn't think about these things so soon in a relationship". Then I heard it, the Spartan's battle cry , the Zulu's battle drum.. I see fire. "You're telling me after all we have been through, you're not sure of us? You're not sure of me? How are you talking like we have an expiry date? Are you just another broken promise waiting to happen? Fuck! You really are just like the rest." I felt it inside me, that feeling when your heart and your mind instantly go to war and both generals are missing so it's going to be chaos. Without warning, as we stood in the centre of the traffic we were controlling( I say were because our hands were now being used for pointing fingers) .... we got hit by our first car....

1 comment: