Thursday 16 April 2015

I CAN STILL DANCE WITH MY FATHER

April fourth 1959 God created a man in his own image a king whose royalty flows through my blood, strong man but still got enough affection to give his young Prince a hug whenever he feels like the world is applying too much pressure and we gon conquer the world together, and when you're not strong enough ima hold it up for you like it's whatever, like it's whatever because whatever I do is for you , to see you wear those Italian suits in your Italian car with your Italian watch driving to your Italian villa, this doesn't mean I don't want to see you stunt in Africa I just want you to go to Rome so they can remember Caesar,, mama never had a caesarian section gave birth to the pride of your existence but when she left us both our hearts lost a big part of their functioning section but we know soon we will see our Monalisa taking selfies with  Monalisa in heaven,you know how beauty flocks together, but right now you and I are birds of a feather, daddy we gon fly from the presence of our enemies, you know your son is a star that's why you named me Ashwyn and ima steal  some constellations to light up your garden at night, we left so much behind but I promise we will be all right.. But for tonight lets go out and find a spot just for us, some good music maybe something you used to vibe to in your youth with my mother, because I just wana appreciate the fact that I can still dance with my father.. When  I broke my toe you joked that I should cut it off and honestly I considered it, I'm out here walking in the valley how am I gon dodge the shadow of death if my legs aren't fit, but who needs fitness when iv witnessed the power of your prayer over my life, so I hustle on ima strive to be worthy of the throne you built for me, it's made of wood because every lesson you gave me got me feeling like how Jesus must have felt learning carpentry from Joseph, and we know  I may never marry a virgin Mary because they just don't make those anymore but I promise she gon be someone you'll be proud of, walking through the hospital floors holding your newborn grandchild, we gon live forever daddy, we gon live forever.. And he gon learn  how to be brave  from his Namibian mother, and when we are in Zimbabwe  he gon Dance with me and my father,.. And if you're too old to move we gon do it for you, do you see the world I wana create for you? You created me so ima keep walking this earth creatively and just like you I ain't gon give em my jewels for free because being in the presence of royalty ain't cheap and when the money heap up ima bring it to you like "daddy they tried but they couldn't keep up" you'll probably remind me that money dont matter all we need is love and I love you for that. Tonderai Mberi your name means remember what is ahead and I need you to do that for me, remember the future il create for us and if I ain't working enough I swear ima work harder, and when the day is done ima play some music  we can vibe to because I can still dance with my father. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment